We love students! Everything we do is open to undergrads, and students are central to the life and mission of the church. Students from IU and Ivy Tech attend our weekend services and many of our small groups are made up of people just like you!
We know college can be busy, but God often uses these years to build you into the person you will be for the rest of your life. Many students have found the music, casual atmosphere, relevant teaching, and authentic friendships to be among their best experiences while in Bloomington.
Getting around Bloomington can be a hassle without wheels. We've got you covered! We provide rides from the three main dorm neighborhoods on the IU campus. On any Sunday during the school year, we'll have a student at the locations listed below from 10:30 until 10:40 ready to pick up anyone in need of a ride. Each pickup vehicle will be clearly marked with a High Rock Ride Team vehicle magnet. It's like free Uber. All you need to do is hop in! The pickup locations are:
- McNutt for the Northwest neighborhood (Briscoe, Foster, Collins, McNutt)
- Teter for the Central neighborhood (Ashton, Eigenmann, Wright, Teter)
- Wilkie for the Southeast neighborhood (Spruce, Read, Forest, Wilkie)
The same student will bring you back to your dorm after the service. Students who don't live near any of those dorms and would like a ride, can e-mail email@example.com to request a pickup.
We've been out on campus a lot interacting with students and the most common question we get is, "Is the church on campus?" While our Sunday service location is a few minutes away from campus (but we'll drive you there!), we thought it would be good to bring High Rock Church to students to provide another way to experience
High Rock on Campus.
Beginning this fall, we'll have monthly worship gatherings for students right on the IU campus. Come join us for an evening of powerful worship, relevant teaching, and a chance to make connections with other students. The dates, times, and locations are listed below. Check out High Rock on Campus this fall.
- Saturday, Sept. 22nd at 7pm - Neal-Marshall Black Culture Center - Grand Hall
- Saturday, Oct. 20th at 7pm - Neal-Marshall Black Culture Center - Grand Hall
- Saturday, Nov. 10th at 7pm - Theater Building - A201 (Theater Building is connected to the Neal-Marshall Black Culture Center)
- Saturday, Dec. 8th at 7pm - Neal-Marshall Black Culture Center - Grand Hall
We have small groups specifically aimed at both undergrad and graduate students. Look at the demographic descriptions on our small group page to find a group that's right for you. We know you have tests to study for and projects to complete, but if you can arrange your schedule in a way that prioritizes small group, you won't regret it!